At G2, and on our sites, we collect different types of information about our users for four main reasons:
- To provide personalised recruitment services unique to individual users.
- To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer.
- To search for and contact users about jobs that match their skills and experience.
- If we have permission from the user, to tell them more about our services and about events.
We've set out below some more information which we need to give you:
- Our principles
- Who we share Data with
- Legal information and how to contact us
- We do our very best to protect your privacy by using security technology appropriately. This means:
- we make sure that we have appropriate security measures to protect your information; and
- we make sure that when we ask another organisation to provide a service for us, they have appropriate security measures too.
- We will respect your privacy. You should receive marketing emails only from us and we will make sure it is clear that you Opt Out of receiving these communications.
- We will collect and use individual user details only if we have your permission or we have sensible business reasons for doing so, such as considering whether to hold a certain event.
- We will be clear in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use it.
- We will use personal information only for the purposes for which it was originally collected and we will make sure we delete it securely.
- If we or our service providers transfer any information out of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be done with the relevant protection (stated under UK law) being in place.
We collect information on you:
- when you register as a candidate of G2
- when you request a job to be emailed to you
- when you refer colleagues/friend to us via our referral program
- when you use the website
- through cookies
- when you enter promotions and competitions or attend events we organise
The minimum information we need to register you is your first name, last name, telephone number and email address. We may also ask you other questions to allow us to provide you with services such as applying for particular roles; when you request a job to be emailed to you or when you use our Refer a Colleague service. Unless we inform you otherwise, you have to answer all the questions required.
We may also ask some other, voluntary questions during registration for certain services (for example, area of law, current employer) so we can gain a clearer understanding of who you are. This also allows us to personalise our services for you.
After you have provided us with your information and given us permission to contact you via phone, email or text we may contact you with roles or recruitment services that we think may be interest you. At any time you can decide not to receive these emails and will be able to ‘Opt Out/Unsubscribe' by using the unsubscribe button on any email received or by mailing email@example.com
Who we share data with
Depending on where you live, your personal information may be shared with the G2 group of companies that are based in the UK. We will not share your personal information with others for marketing purposes unless you have given us your permission. If we have your permission, we will share your information only with other organisations we have chosen carefully.
If you are a candidate registered with G2 and attend an event organised by us or an event partner, data may be shared for event administration purposes.
We can access and release personal information to keep to relevant laws and government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both us and our users.
Any other organisations which access your information in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your information and keep to data-protection and privacy laws which apply. We may also independently audit these service providers to make sure that they meet our standards. We may use service providers to help us run the sites (or services available on the sites), some of whom may be based outside the EEA.
- For statistical purposes to track how many users we have and how often they visit our websites. We collect information listing which of our pages are most frequently visited, and by which types of users and from which countries.
- We may use ‘Flash' cookies to store your preferences for your media player (for example, volume and so on). If we don't use them, you may not be able to watch some video content.
You can turn cookies off but if you do this, you may not be able to use all services on our websites and you might see more pop-ups and other advertising. This is because we won't be able to limit what you see by using cookies. However, you will still be able to see our editorial content.
For more information about cookies and managing them, including how to turn them off, please visit our page on Cookies.
We use Google Analytics on our sites for anonymous reporting of site usage and for advertising on the site. If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics monitoring your behaviour on our sites please use this link (tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout).
Legal information and how to contact us
Under Data Protection legislation we have to say who the ‘data controller' is for G2. The data controller is the organisation responsible for protecting information and, in our case, is Stuart Gillespie.
If you would like access to or a copy of the personal information we hold about you, to request a correction, or have any questions about how we may use it or to make a complaint, please contact the Data Protection Manager at the address shown above. Or, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complaints will be dealt with by the Data Protection Manager, and will be responded to within 30 days at the latest.
If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint was handled, you may be able to refer your complaint to your local data protection regulator. In the United Kingdom this is the Information Commissioner's Office.